Thursday, August 03, 2006

The New Forest, Training & Thatcham Lakes

Yesterday we went to the New Forest and we had a lovely day except for one thing - I nearly died (of starvation). All was well as we were driving down there - at one point my ears pricked up as I heard Sally say she would feed me as soon as we arrived. But then when we did arrive there was panic..Sally had left my bag at home... with all my food in it! Help.. I was going to starve to death. I waited anxiously with Grandad while Sally & Nan went to find a petshop but apparently it was closed! I was doomed.... but then my luck turned... cos Sally got me some very nice roast chicken from the grocery store and mixed it with the kibble she had in her pocket...what a feast! (But no photos because Sally's camera was in the bag!)


When we got back we only had a little rest before it was time for puppy class. There was one new dog in the class called Alfie. He is very long and has very very short legs but is a friendly chap (Sally says he is a dachshund). Some of my other friends had gone up to the big dogs class but Milly the chocolate lab, Molly the Jack Russell, Marble the whippet and Daisy the Border Collie were all there, so it was great fun.

Today I went to Thatcham Lakes with Sally, Nan, Carl and of course Jack. I very much enjoyed watching the ducks and swans. Here is a picture of me watching the swans, and another one just of the swans and their cygnet.