Sunday, August 06, 2006

Eight New Things I did on Friday

What an exciting world this is.. I've been out and about on my own feet for a week now and just as I thought I'd seen most things in this world I had a whole lot of new experiences.

On Friday lunchtime Sally took me to Eastrop park. I have been lots of times before and I really like it because we always meet people who want to make a fuss of me and tell me how cute I am. But when we got to the fountains at the end of the park instead of going back we went through the underpass and into town!

The first new thing I did was walk along a road in town which was quite busy with some big vans .. then we crossed a metal suspension bridge which felt very funny under my feet because it was metal grid and I could see and hear lots of cars going underneath. Then we went through some sliding shiny metal doors into a dark box. There was just me and Sally in it. I didn't much care for the floor which was very slippy. Then all of sudden it started going down.. and then the doors opened and we walked out into a place where there were lots of buses and people getting on and off the buses. Apparently it is called a bus station.

Then we walked through a big outdoor cafe by the cinema before getting back to the park. When we got back to the park I sat on Sally's knee and had a good sleep. Then I was woken up by some very loud screeching sounds - when I opened my eyes I saw some boys whizzing along with wheels under their feet (skateboards I'm told!).

In the evening we went to another park to something called "Balloons over Basingstoke" where I saw big balloons with fire underneath them going up into the sky - never to be seen again! I met some people with bright yellow jackets in the park who made a big fuss of me. Then we went to the funfair but that was very noisy and I really didn't like it so we went home. Now I really must have seen everything in the world!