Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ball Playing at Lepe

Today we went to another edge of the world.. well I thought it was an edge because it was like the one we went to last week except when I looked over the Sea there was another bit of the world. Sally said it was called the Isle of Wight. It is all very confusing. We were at a place called Lepe.

We had a lovely day out and I played ball with Jack. I had some good ideas for ball-playing when you are only a little puppy (although I am quite a big puppy now as I will be 14 weeks old on Thursday). You can play by yourself or with your Mum but with another dog is the best fun. Today I played with Jack. I am not very good yet and he took great delight in telling me how good Heidi used to be. Heidi was the black lab who lived here before me.

I heard that she played rugby for England (I'm not sure I got that right but I think so). Heidi was very good at marking. She danced around the other dogs when the ball was being thrown, and then tried to put them off when they were running for the ball. When they got the ball she would try and stop them getting it back to their owner.

However when you are only a puppy you get tired very quickly so you can't do all of that - so I just did the running bit. When I got tired I found the best thing to do is sit and wait while they chase the ball and then tackle them (a fancy way of saying jump at them) when they are on their way back. This is sure to annoy them but it is great fun. Here is a picture of me running to tackle Jack.. and another of me, Nan and Jack sitting on a bench (Jack is on the ground!).