Friday, July 28, 2006

World .. here I come!

Are you ready? If not... too bad! I launched myself on the world today.... and what a big world it is. I've been for a walk round the local roads... to the town park.. and this evening I'm going out to "the hill" to play with other dogs. You should understand it is not that I haven't been to these places before.. but today I went out on my own four feet! I did get a bit excited to start off with .. I just couldn't decide which side of Sally I wanted to walk on ... so I kept get my lead wrapped around Sally's legs.. but I soon realised that we weren't getting anywhere and there are so many places to see.

You get a totally different perspective from down here near the ground... and then of course there are the smells... and all those interesting things lying about. One of my favourite things today was a plastic drinks bottle I found.. but unfortunately I couldn't quite get my mouth around it. People laughed at me when I kept trying to get hold of it. But I am growing... so perhaps next time.

I met lots of people today... I'm very popular you know. I still look very cute and people who appear to be "in the know" say I have lovely markings. I like all sorts of people - wobbly little ones (better known as toddlers I believe) to old wrinkly ones (sorry I'm forgetting my manners - senior citizens). I am very patient with all of them.