Monday, July 24, 2006

Me and Jack

On Sundays we go to visit Sally's Mum & Dad... I reckon that makes them my Nan & Grandad.. anyhow they have a dog called Jack who is I believe what people call a collie cross.. but I call him a cross collie! I first met Jack the day after I came to live with Sally. I was so pleased to see him because in my first home I had all my brothers and sisters to play with and my Mum to look after me. I thought Jack looked a bit like my Mum "Saffron". So I bounced up to him to say "Hello" but he just looked at me.. then growled very quietly and ran off. I was very puzzled but I have since discovered the Jack is a grown-up dog who is very busy with his own affairs - he has the garden to look after - the pigeons to scare off - and his ball to chase - all of which are a very serious business and he certainly does not have any time to play with me!

I have seen him lots of times in the last couple of weeks and although I couldn't yet say he is happy to see me, he is not as anything like as cross and even lets me lick his face sometimes. I'm sure we're going to be very good friends! This is a picture of me and Jack getting a treat from Nan.