Monday, July 24, 2006

The Clicker Game

Today I thought I would tell you all about the clicker game which is the best game in the world because you get lots of treats... I wag my tail lots and lots everytime Sally gets the clicker out!. The clicker is a little yellow box and everytime it clicks I get a treat! So the game is to work out what you have to do to make it click. I've learnt how to touch the clicker with my nose... and how to do a "down" .. and now I'm learning how to walk properly on a lead. I'm learning that because Friday is my big day when I am allowed to walk outside on the pavement. At the moment I have to be carried which is getting just a little frustrating... there are so many lovely smells to explore.. and today when we went to the duckpond I saw another dog which I just know wanted to play with me. So roll on Friday!

Back to the training .. I arrived knowing how to sit.. at my first house I was very quick to learn that sitting nicely was the way to get picked up... and I also arrived knowing my name (Kimba in case you've forgotten - everybody thinks its a very nice name too!). I am quite good at coming when I'm called unless I'm playing with Pippin (our cat) or otherwise engaged. I can do a downstay for precisely 18 seconds ... and next I'm going to learn "stand" - not sure I understand the point of this as I learnt how to stand when I was very little! This is a picture of me doing a very nice "down".