Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Sad Day


Today is a sad day because we found out that my friend Marley has died. He was only just over a year old. Me and Marley used to play together when we met "on the hill" back in the Summer. He was a black labrador and very bouncy but he was gentle with me when I was little. We haven't seen him for a few weeks now.

This morning when we went to the hill we went to the bit near the road cos I was on my lead (I've had a tummy upset and Sally didn't want me eating all the nice things I find up there). Then we saw a bunch of roses tied to a tree near the road and we went to look at the note which was with it. It had a picture of my friend Marley and Sally told me it said "In memory of Marley, August 2005 - September 2006, so much love, so short a time".

We think Marley must have gone through the gap near the tree on to the busy road. Sally says he has gone to Rainbow Bridge where he will be able to play with all the other dogs (like Heidi who used to live with Sally). I think it is very sad because I won't be able to play with him any more.