Friday, September 29, 2006

The Surrey Country Fair... and a New Friend!


On Sunday Sally took me to the Surrey Country Fair with Nan and Jack. We had a great day. We saw gundogs (like me but they were very good at sitting on the whistle and doing other clever things). We also saw lots of dogs jumping over "pretend" fences and going through tunnels (like mine except mine is really for cats and now it is too small for me cos I keep getting stuck!). But apparently I'm still too little to have a go myself! I love being a puppy but sometimes I wish I could be big. We also had a chat with a man called the doglistener. Sally wanted to know how to stop me pulling on a lead (fat chance!!) but he was on my side. He said I should just enjoy being a puppy and not to try and lead-train me for another month. What a nice chap he was!

I also wanted to tell you about my new girlfriend - Tess. Tess is a yellow labrador puppy who is 4 weeks younger than me. Her Dad is the postman. He brought her round to see me on Monday. Sally chatted to her Mum & Dad while we got to know each other. Unfortunately I haven't seen her since. On Wednesday when Sally went to answer the door I heard her talking to the postman but I was trapped in the office. I whimpered and Sally let me out. I dashed downstairs to the front door.. but it was shut. I tried to get round the back but that door was shut. I am sure I missed Tess but when I saw the postman this morning he didn't have Tess with him. Maybe she has got lost somewhere!

Here is a picture of me with my new toy.