Monday, September 11, 2006

My First Holiday!

I'm just back from my very first holiday. Me, Sally, Nan, Grandad & Jack all went to a place called Aberdovey on the West coast of Wales. We went in the car - I was very good and hardly bothered Jack at all. We lived in a small house with no upstairs (called a bugalow or something like that). I was very good almost all of the time. My crate came on holiday too which was nice because I could go to sleep in a place I knew.

We had a little excitement on the first day when Jack got a little over-excited and I overheard Nan and Sally saying he was lucky not to get drowneded (not sure what that is but I think it is something very bad). He went chasing after a kite-surfer and swam out into the sea trying to catch him. He didn't listen to anyone who was calling him. I couldn't see the point in chasing it as it was even I could see it wasn't a bird (I liked chasing birds on the beach on my holidays but Sally wasn't very pleased as I can't hear her call me when I'm chasing them!).

We had lots of lovely walks on the beach - and across the hills - and one day we went walking in the Hafren Forest alongside the River Severn. That was the only day which was wet - I got very wet so Sally had to dry me out with a towel.

One of my favourite days was the day we took the train to Portmadog. I went on Sally's knee because there wasn't enough room under the table which is where Jack went! In the afternoon Sally, Nan & Jack went for a walk - but I stayed with Grandad because Sally said I had done enough walking. I had lots of admirers but I am getting used to that.

Here are some pictures of my holiday - the first one is me and Jack in the car - - then one of me and Sally in the Forest on a wet day - and then one of me reading the business news on the train to Portmadog!