Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Crow on the Beach

Hi.. Kofi here!

I'm just back from my very first holiday... I am writing today because Kimba is too shattered to do anything but sleep. I am sure he will write more about the holiday when he has recovered in a few days.

I loved the beach. We went twice a day and had a great time... running after Jack's ball, playing with Kimba, paddling in the sea, and chasing the birds.

One day I had a great game with a crow... although Sally says she thinks it might be better put that the crow had a great game with me! I first saw it perched on a sand dune at the top of the beach. I thought I could catch it so I ran towards it as quickly as I could... but just as I had very nearly got there it flew up it the air. And it flew round and round in circles... so I went round and round in circles chasing it. It led me down to the sea... and back up to the sand dunes. Sometimes it swooped down low and I jumped really high to try and catch it... but every time I just missed it. The crow squawked at me... Sally & Nan thought it was laughing at me! Once it sat down on a rock and but again just as I nearly got there it flew up into the air again. I ran and ran and ran ... then I spotted a bit of fish which I thought would make a good snack.. but Sally said not and put me on my lead. And that was the end of the game when I very nearly caught a crow.

Here are some pictures of me on the beach and one of me having a rest afterwards.