Thursday, August 30, 2007

What a clever chap I am!

Kimba here again! I just wanted to tell you how clever I have been... and Sally says she is very proud of me. On Saturday I did some tests.. I did the Kennel Club Good Citizen Dog Scheme Bronze Award and Silver Award tests.

On the Saturday before we had done a dress rehearsal with me going to both the Bronze and the Silver classes. Unfortunately I didn't do as well as Sally had hoped I might. I was far more interested in meeting all the dogs in the Bronze class that I didn't know. So when Sally took my collar and lead off I tried to make a dash for it...and left Sally sprawled all over the floor trying to catch me. And then I jumped up at the lady Sally was supposed to be having a conversation with.. not once but twice... and then we did loose lead walking.. but I just wanted to play with the other dogs.. so my lead was not really loose!

But when it came to the proper tests I knew I was meant to behave properly because Sally had baked my favourite liver cake, and she only does that when I have to be really good. So I didn't put a foot wrong all afternoon and ended up with two lovely certificates and two rosettes.