Friday, December 15, 2006

What I know about Heidi

Heidi lived in this house with Sally before me. I am going to write what I know about her today because it is exactly six months since she left Sally and went to Rainbow Bridge.

Heidi was a very handsome labrador bitch (I am a pretty dog... but I have heard that Heidi was 'handsome'). She had a lot of Crufts champions in her family tree (or pedigree if you want to use the posh word). She could have been one too but she came to live with Sally instead. Sally says that she was very clever (particularly if there was any chance of getting a morsel of food). She did a bow every morning when Sally came downstairs to say good morning (I prefer to stay in my bed). She could do 'twirls', 'arounds' and even 'put in the box' - I haven't a clue what any of these are but clearly she was very very clever. I've told you before about her playing rugby for England... she was also just a little bossy (Jack told me that!) and she was very adventurous .. she would also be first out of the car when there was a new place to explore whereas Jack prefers to stay in the boot when he's not sure where he is. I think I'm more like Jack than Heidi.

I know Sally loved Heidi and misses her lots.. she was a very loving and lively dog who loved being with people and other dogs and it is such as shame I never got to meet her because I just know we would have been good friends. This is a picture of Heidi with Nan.. it was supposed to be just Nan.. but as humans say 'there is no show without punch or Heidi'