Friday, January 19, 2007

A Trip to the Vets!!


Last week I had a trip to the vets.. well actually two trips in the space of one hour. It was because I had eaten one of my "hoof" chews. Sally brought them back from America for me but apparently I wasn't supposed to swallow them. It would have helped if someone had told me!! I swalloed it on Tuesday evening ... I was sick on Wednesday morning and Thursday morning but as it hadn't "come up" Sally said I better go and see the vet.

The first trip was very nice because I met the vet and some other nice people. The vet said I was at a "willowy" stage - this didn't seem to be a bad thing but everyone was surprised when I weighed as much as 14.4Kg. We didn't stay long and when I got home I had a meal.. great I thought .. an extra meal. Then we had a walk and went back the vets. This trip wasn't so good. The vet gave me an injection and then I was sick.. and sick again.. and again... and again. Sally and the vet were just beginning to think the chew wasn't coming up when it did!!! I was sick about ten times. And then we went home and I had a sleep. Sally was very pleased because if I had not brought the chew up then I would have needed and x-ray and an operation!!

I'm not allowed those chews any more! This is picture of me and Jack taken at Christmas. We're quite good friends now.